Ravenscourt Cadets learn Bren gun drills, date unknown.
Lt. Col. R.M. Thomson, a Commanding Officer of the 43rd Bn CEF Camerons of Canada who was KIA on 08 Oct 1916 at the Battle of Ancre Heights (The Somme battles) was the previous owner of the property on which St. John's Ravenscourt was built.
John Gordon Young & Norman Young
Capt. Norman Young Ravenscourt Headmaster 1929-1939
The Ravenscourt Cadet Corps formed in 1940 and was affiliated with the Queen’s Own Cameron Highlanders.
The Q.O.C.H. were chosen out of respect for their former and beloved Headmaster,
Captain Norman Young who left the School to serve with this Regiment.
Captain Norman Young's headstone, Vertus Cemetery near Pourville, France. Capt. Young was KIA during the Dieppe Raid in the Pourville area.
Ravenscourt Cadet Corps c.a. 1940s
Ravenscourt Cadet Corps prior to the affiliation with the Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders of Canada.
Prospectus Highland Cadet Platoon 1961
Highland Cadet Platoon c.a. 1960s
Like the Schools Cadet Corps before them, the SJR contingent were present at a number of public functions.
They served as Honour Guards for such dignitaries as H.R.H. Princess Elizabeth on her visit to Ft. Garry
and His Excellency The Governor General of Canada.
On the 50th Anniversary of the Q.O.C.H. they took an active part in the “Trooping the Colour” Ceremony.
Mr Kiddell WFP 1961 Service Dress
Under the direction of the Officers several SJR teachers became Chief Instructors.
Two of note included Captain Colin Kiddell and Lt. Martin H. Ainley.
Kiddell Cadet award, year not known.
Kiddell Cadet Ball Blue Patrol Jacket
The Cadet Ball was held annually. It first took place in the Richardsons Gymnasium and then in Hamber Hall.
It was attended by members of the Cadet Corps, Commanding Officers, Old Boys,
friends of the School, teachers, and girls from Balmoral Hall.
Cadet Review St. John's Ravenscourt 1951
Highland cadet Platoon B c.a 1960s
Ravenscourt Cadet Corps parade, date unknown.
Cadet Corps Drum and Pipe Band 1965